Monday, July 11, 2011

Kinsey Jean Christensen...Welcome to the World!

Daddy and his girls.


Cute from birth!



So sweet.


Mom and her girls.


Kylie is a great sister!


Kinsey Jean came into the world on the 28th of May at 12:30 am. She is just so darn wonderful, speaking as a completely unbiased mother, of course. I went into get induced on Friday the 27th (sorry Lucy I did at least try for your birthday). I went in at 7:30am and was still at 1cm...in fact I stayed that way for the next 13 1/2 hours. It took me that long just to get to 3cm. I did get an epidural, however it was most unhelpful. My epidural must have been placed wrong because, though my legs were completely numb and useless, I felt every single one of those contractions! The anesthesiologist was supposed to come fix it but was pulled into 3 different emergency c-sections and was not able to come to my aid...oh well. At least I know I can do it naturally. So at 9pm I was at 3cm, by 11pm I was at 7cm, and thanks to some extensive vomiting I was at 10cm by midnight. Kinsey was sweet and came out with just a couple of pushes. She weighed 7lbs 7oz and was 21inches. It took us the next couple of days to come up with her name...we both liked 2 different names but we didn't like each others' name, she needed a blessing because of some health issues so we really needed a name so Jared could give her one. We decided on Kinsey because it was a name we both liked. Jean is Jared's mom and sister's middle name and fit really well. We love Kinsey so much and are sooooo grateful for her. She is so sweet and I am just excited that she is here.

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and I love her name! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So happy you survived. Labor without being able to use your legs? Kind of a form of torture, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete